[Gimp-user] I like it but I will have to go back

Hi - i am a new user. I use GIMP for my digital art and graphic designs.  I had
been using version 2.8 for the last 6 months or so, I did not know about the
newer version, so I downloaded 2.10.8 2 days ago. I like the interface, and i
have tried some of the new features, BUT I will have to downgrade back to
version 2.8 because i can't take the slowness. it takes minutes to select by
color, or delete backgrounds.  i a constantly geting the (No Response) message
from the simplest tasks,

One of the comments that I read said that 2.10 is only slow with large graphic
files, which most of my files are I do not have a powerful PC, and I am not
Planning on buying a new one soon.I have a Dell 2 in1  with an Intel Celeron
N3350  @1.10 GHz processor and 4 Gigs of RAM, running Windows 10. Can I install
the 32 bit version?  I think I read that the software auto-detects which version
to use.  I knw that the 64 bit version of Inkscape crashes  on my machine, but
the 32 bit works fine.

2.8 worked ok, It locked up when I was rescaling, or indexing super large
images but it did not lock up when performing the simple tasks, like opening a
file or selecting parts of the image.

I a hoping that there is a fix for this problem  now, or that as a member of
this forum, I will be notified when the problem is fixed.

Thanls
Misslo Lovestocreate
@Misslo777

--