[Gimp-user] New User Need Help Enlarging/Enhancing Image

Your camera likely does better pictures, but its default settings may
be
more neutral than those of your smartphone.

Typically smartphones aim for flashy pictures, and their software will
go to great lengths to achieve this. But this also makes further
editing
of the picture very difficult. By contrast what comes out of a camera
is
more neutral but is easier to edit.

There are utilities to process RAW files, your camera likely came with
such an app, or you can download it from the manufacturer's website.
There are otherwise several good free ones.
I had a friend play with both the iPhone images and the camera images using
Lightroom. Would it be ok if I uploaded both the RAW (KDC) images and the ones
she edited to get a better idea of what enlargement IS possible?  I’m at the
point where even if I cannot use it for the 48x24 size it’s too beautiful to not
do something with it!  I appreciate any help!  Thanks.

--
nickib (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)