[Gimp-user] New User Need Help Enlarging/Enhancing Image

Sorry but no, or you have a very shitty camera.

- Halos on the edges of the pillars and the bottom of the roofs of the
pagodas, likely some kind of sharpening.

- The roof slopes seem to be made of lace.

- Railings and antennas are blurry (motion blur? the pic was shot at
1/50s but the way people hold their phones this may not be fast
enough).

* Plenty of noise on the white boat to the left

Can look good on a screen, but at 48"? All the problems will jump in
your face. Making that look really good is a lot of work, maybe the
photographer made a very honest offer, or quoted in way to make you go
elsewhere.

Well, I don't think I have a shitty camera, although it is not an $800 one.
It's a Kodak Easyshare.  Before you groan, for as much as I use it, and
understand it, it was at the right pricepoint.  I also have images from that
camera that are in the RAW (extension of KDC) format that I have no way of doing
anything with.  Plus, I don't like the ones from the camera as well as the one
from the iPhone.

Thank you for your input - you clearly have a great eye for detail!

--
nickib (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)