[Gimp-user] GIMP 2.10-RC1 Previews Loading Slowly

Where did you download the GIMP 2.10 that you are testing?
The menus are loading slowly? Meaning, you click on "Colors" at the
top
of the screen, and the opening of the menu is not instant? Or did you
mean that the dialog windows appear slowly once you have selected an
option from the menu?
Not sure, but it sounds slow to me... I frequently edit ~90MB 16bit
tiffs and the previews when adjusting color are around 1 second
(desktop
i7 4770K, 16GB RAM), so I'd expect yours to take on the order of 2-3
seconds. If you want to upload a test image somewhere I'd be happy to
poke at it.
What are you disks doing during this period?
I have had issues with color management slowing things down, but
you've
already tried that. Have you tried disabling "Interface -> Enable
layer
& channel previews"? I'd be surprised if it fixed your issue, but when
I've had complicated layering stuff going on, my memory is that it has
helped. Wish I had other ideas for you...

-c
I downloaded and installed 2.10 on my internal SSD.
What I mean is that when I click to open a box such as color balance it takes a
noticeably longer time to load compared to 2.8.
I'm only using my SSD during the editing process.
I tried disabling channel previews and it didn't help the speed unfortunately
Thanks for your time though!

--
jkhan (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)