Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP 2.10-RC1 Previews Loading Slowly

Where did you download the GIMP 2.10 that you are testing?

After installing the program, I noticed it's running pretty slowly. Most menus
in the color menu are loading slowly but the most noticeable thing I'm noticing
is that it's taking anywhere from 10-12 seconds to load any preview for any
color adjustment.

The menus are loading slowly? Meaning, you click on "Colors" at the top of the screen, and the opening of the menu is not instant? Or did you mean that the dialog windows appear slowly once you have selected an option from the menu?

Now I'm definitely new so I don't know much about this, but is this normal for
2.10? I am editing TIF files around 155MB and am running v2.10 on my Lenovo
Y700. It's running Windows 10 with 16GB of RAM, Intel core i7 6700HQ @ 2.60GHZ
and a GTX 960M. The photos and GIMP are running off my SSD.

Not sure, but it sounds slow to me... I frequently edit ~90MB 16bit tiffs and the previews when adjusting color are around 1 second (desktop i7 4770K, 16GB RAM), so I'd expect yours to take on the order of 2-3 seconds. If you want to upload a test image somewhere I'd be happy to poke at it.

  What I'm noticing,
however, is that during the sluggish performance, my task manager is showing my
cpu usage never reaches 50% and my RAM usage stays around 50%.

What are you disks doing during this period?

I have tried various fixes on the internet including increasing tile cache size
from 7 to 14 GB and increasing the undo memory. I have tried disabling color
management. None of these have worked to reduce or remove the sluggishness.

I have had issues with color management slowing things down, but you've already tried that. Have you tried disabling "Interface -> Enable layer & channel previews"? I'd be surprised if it fixed your issue, but when I've had complicated layering stuff going on, my memory is that it has helped. Wish I had other ideas for you...

-c