[Gimp-user] BMP export gives Invalid Header

I am trying to export a 1 bit bitmap image as a windows .BMP so it can
be imported into CorelDraw for laser engraving. When I do the import
to CorelDraw I get the error "Invalid Header" when I try to import
into LaserScript 5.3 I just get the outline of the image.

I create the bitmap from the menu  Image>Mode>indexed. Then select
1bit image with Floyd Steinberg dithering.

I could open a Gimp 1 bit bmp in an old Coreldraw but I believe you. I have come
across similar errors for RGB bmp for tracing using Autotrace.

Have you tried using command line Imagemagick (IM)

magick image-in.png -colors 2 +dither -type bilevel image-out.bmp

Comparing files from the same source, IM file size is a few bytes larger and
that is the header. Inspecting the properties, identical except for chromaticity
- strange entries for red + green from Gimp.

Worth a try.

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)