[Gimp-user] gimp-2.9.6-x64 startup errors

Right, so replacing libcairo fixed that error, but gimp still doesn't
like my gmic installation.
I have tried putting gmic in various places inside and outside of gimp
installation (always in separate folder), tried that with zipped
version and with installer, I always have those 'unable to run plugin'
errors.
The Gimp version I'm using now is the one from www.gimp.org, not from
Partha. Before I'll try another builds I'd rather use all my options,
I am a bit afraid of making even bigger mess after installing another
Gimp build over what I have here.

OK, I am running in a Win10 VM so easy to get a clean install. Fortunately Gimp
keeps everything well contained so uninstalling Gimp.x.x then deleting the Gimp
2.9 profile in C:\Users\yourname\appdata\ roaming should clean things up.

Using the gimp.org Gimp 2.9.6 and replacing libcairo does get gmic_gimp working.
As you correctly say, still a load of error messages about the gmic dll's.

I think you will have to accept these until a specific Windows gmic_gimp for
Gimp 2.9 is released.

Other than that, as Partha says, his version incorporates a version of
gmic_gimp, but will not be the latest version since gmic updates very regularly.

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)