[Gimp-user] gimp-2.9.6-x64 startup errors

The latest gmic_gimp plugin is a bit of a monster, a folder containing
60 - 70 MB of files. The web site does mention somewhere that you need
to install to a separate folder then add that location in Edit ->
Preferences -> Folders -> Plug-ins

*** Whatever you have already installed, remove it. ***

The default is adding a sub-folder to the existing plug-ins.

For Gimp 2.9.6 I advise a completely separate location, one that is
easily located.

Using Partha 2.9.6 (gimp.org the same) and latest gmic_gimp_qt
installer I used a location in C:\Users\my-name see screenshot 1

Added that to the Gimp 2.9 plugins paths see 2

Does it work, does here. see 3

The first run is a little slow, gmic creates a folder in
..\appdata\roaming for its settings

When up and running, make sure you update the filters from the
gmic_gimp interface.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Hey Rich, thanks for the tips. So I reinstalled gimp and gmic, and made sure
there were no leftovers, but it still have problems with gmic, even if it is
installed in separate location. And the same "gmic_gimp_qt.exe - Entry Point Not
Found" error is still there. :/

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/720/original/error2.txt

--