[Gimp-user] gimp-2.9.6-x64 startup errors

I know what the problem is but AFAIK it has been fixed with the latest
gmic_gimp. If you have a clean installation.

Go to this thread where you will find a replacement libcairo file

http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=15844

This about the whys and wherefores

https://discuss.pixls.us/t/using-the-windows-installer-for-version-2-0-3-of-gmic/4825

Just a reminder, when you install Gimp 2.9.x it will migrate your old
Gimp 2.8 profile resources including any old plugins that
might/might-not work.

To clean up, rename your Gimp 2.8 profile (if you have one) to
disable, delete the existing Gimp 2.9 profile, start Gimp 2.9 to
create a new default Gimp profile.

Right, so replacing libcairo fixed that error, but gimp still doesn't like my
gmic installation.
I have tried putting gmic in various places inside and outside of gimp
installation (always in separate folder), tried that with zipped version and
with installer, I always have those 'unable to run plugin' errors.
The Gimp version I'm using now is the one from www.gimp.org, not from Partha.
Before I'll try another builds I'd rather use all my options, I am a bit afraid
of making even bigger mess after installing another Gimp build over what I have
here.

--
czerw (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)