Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp crashes on startup

Am 27.05.2017 um 23:10 schrieb davitof:

New episode (will I have still newer ideas to test?):

I created a new Windows user and I installed Gimp 2.8.22. This worked perfectly.

So now, how can I repair my usual user? Is there any way to find what is wrong?

You could compare their .gimp-2.8 profile directories and find the
differences. This directory is located in your Windows user profile
directory.

*Do not delete anything* too quickly - this will destroy all evidence
which can help to investigate the problem.

If at all, rename the .gimp-2.8 directory of the previous user account,
GIMP will then create a new profile directory on the next launch.

--
Regards,
Michael