[Gimp-user] Advice on repairing photos

Thanks for all the advice. The camera errors regardless of the settings I choose
so looks like the camera is dead.

I'll take a look at trying out the advice and see how I get on.

heretic03 writes:
I don't have anything to add to the good advice you've already
gotten on techniques for fixing the photos. But it may not be a
broken sensor. I once had a camera that mysteriously started
producing images like that, even in videos (except in my case
the color was green rather than magenta).

It turned out I had somehow gotten my Canon into a mode called
"Color Replace" (I probably hit the wrong button while exploring
menus). Once I realized what had happened, I turned off Color
Replace and the camera worked fine after that.

       ...Akkana

--
heretic03 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)