Re: [Gimp-user] Advice on repairing photos

heretic03 writes:
Hi all,

New user to the forum but in need of advice on how to repair some photos.

Just got back from honeymoon and discovered the camera broken part way through
the trip and would like to try and recover some of the pictures.

Here are a couple of links to some of the photos.
https://goo.gl/photos/K8sVazdmNExXef2H8
https://goo.gl/photos/F2Ku8g6QuXXwDAqY8
https://goo.gl/photos/YCqCsrMwvBPUK5gC9

I think the sensor in the camera what broke as anything with a lot of white
bleeds out to the pixels near by.

I don't have anything to add to the good advice you've already
gotten on techniques for fixing the photos. But it may not be a
broken sensor. I once had a camera that mysteriously started
producing images like that, even in videos (except in my case
the color was green rather than magenta).

It turned out I had somehow gotten my Canon into a mode called
"Color Replace" (I probably hit the wrong button while exploring
menus). Once I realized what had happened, I turned off Color
Replace and the camera worked fine after that.

        ...Akkana