Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP ---> Pixi: suggested name change

On 2017-05-08 10:51 AM, Joshua Coppersmith-Heaven wrote:
GIMP is a great programme, but it is not a great name.
[snip]
There is a commercial image editor called Pixie (with an e), but not Pixi.
[snip]
Be interested to know your thoughts,

Calling an open source program Pixi when there is a commercial one Pixie is going to lead to some confusion between the programs. It could also result in a letter from the company behind the commercial program asking the open source project to change its name.

As to your first statement, I'm glad you like the program. Others have already commented on it being an acronym rather than a name. Thank you for the name idea. This topic comes up now and then. Bottom line is the name isn't going to change.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.