[Gimp-user] GIMP Linux GTK issue

I am using GIMP 2.8.20 on Linux. I have installed several different
themes. However, when I switch to said themes, parts of the UI are
still this white color and some elements of the program just plain
break

Anybody either know a fix or a workaround to this?

I know GIMP uses GTK+2.0, I am running GTK+3.0 and GTK+2.0. I do not
know why this is still happening even with GTK+2.0 installed

You probably have an older theme originally made for Windows. Gimp themes are
not always interchangeable Win / Linux.

If you want a Dark Theme for Gimp 2.8.20 try the ones here:
https://github.com/draekko/gimp-cc-themes There are screenshots on the web page.

Just tried the very dark in Kubuntu 16.04 / Gimp 2.8.20 and it works ok. Some
parts will always be light - brush dialogue background for example.

--
rich2005 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)