Re: [Gimp-user] How do I put diacritics in text?

Use Unicode characters. Various language code tables can be found below.

From Techwalla:

"Select "Use Editor" in the GIMP toolbox to display the text editor and then
press "Ctrl," "Shift" and "U" to enable direct Unicode entry. The text
editor displays a "u" to represent a Unicode character. Insert the symbol by
typing its Unicode value in the window and pressing "Enter.""

Unicode from unicode-table.com:

https://unicode-table.com/en/blocks/general-punctuation/
"General Punctuation is a Unicode block containing punctuation, spacing, and
formatting characters for use with all scripts and writing systems. Included
are the defined-width spaces, joining formats, directional formats, smart
quotes, archaic and novel punctuation such as the interobang, and invisible
mathematical operators."

Rick S.

-----Original Message----- From: Alex Bell
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2017 4:11 AM
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: [Gimp-user] How do I put diacritics in text?

I'm afraid I have minimal knowledge of GIMP; I only use it to design
simple covers for the ebooks I design for the free ebook library at
www.mobileread.com.

The ebook I'm about to start working on is 'The Adventures of Elizabeth
in Rügen'. As you can see the u in Rügen has an umlaut, but I can't work
out how to produce that with GIMP. The text is white on a black
background, so I can't make an image of the text and use that.

Can anyone tell me how to put diacritics in text?

--
Regards, Alex
"I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong."