[Gimp-user] why autocrop layer would not cut all the blanks?

If you use Windows>Dockable dialogs>Histogram the right of the
histogram
has two vertical lines, which indicate that that you have pixels with
value 253 as well as pixels with value 255. You should also see these
two lines in the histogram shown in the Levels tool. In Levels, if you
drag the right handle of the input (top bar) to the left of the two
lines (around 250), then everything bigger that the indicated value
becomes pure white, so this should change your pixels with value 253
pure white.

Thanks for your explanation. It seems I hadn't reduce the upper level low
enough. This time I reduce it to 230 and it works as expected.

--
bsmile (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)