[Gimp-user] why autocrop layer would not cut all the blanks?

To answer your third question, there are a number of scripts that will draw
arrows, one of which is described at:

http://registry.gimp.org/node/28566

The script itself can be downloaded from:

http://www.programmer97.talktalk.net/Files/arrow.zip

The arrows are drawn in the currently selected foreground colour.

Three questions,

(1) can I group the layers together and then request autocrop? right
now, I seem to have to merge layers to be one to request autocrop. But
that prevents me from the ability to do changes as needed.

(2) After I merge to just a single layer, it seems autocrop can crop
the upper and bottom whites well, but not the left and right white, do
you see the same thing or any wrong I did?

(3) It seems gimp does not provide convenient tools like arrow etc, so
I basically copy/paste the arrows from powerpoint here, the issue is,
it seems the color cannot be copied. Is there way to deal with that?

Still a quite newbie, thanks for your kind help!

--
programmer_ceds (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)