Re: [Gimp-user] why autocrop layer would not cut all the blanks?

On 16/03/17 00:22, bsmile wrote:
1) Image>Autocrop image, once you have fixed 2) on the two layers.

2) You white background is not uniform it contains pixels with 253
instead of 255,

http://imgur.com/zHn0KH9

... and autocrop only works with completely uniform backgrounds. You
can
fix this with "Levels", dragging the right hand of "Input" towards
value
250 (or anything left of the line at value 253 in the histogram).

Thanks for the explanation, but please be more specific where to locate the
option of value to be revised?

I right clicked my mouse to bring up colors->levels->input levels, output level,
I changed the value to 250, and then ok, then layer->autocrop layer, but no
difference, I right click my mouse again to input levels, it is still 255, like
never been modified before.

If you use Windows>Dockable dialogs>Histogram the right of the histogram has two vertical lines, which indicate that that you have pixels with value 253 as well as pixels with value 255. You should also see these two lines in the histogram shown in the Levels tool. In Levels, if you drag the right handle of the input (top bar) to the left of the two lines (around 250), then everything bigger that the indicated value becomes pure white, so this should change your pixels with value 253 to pure white.