[Gimp-user] Move tool locks; what's triggering it?

Thanks - will take a look at the settings... I have started checking that other
apps are closed while I Gimp - that definitely helps

**
AFAIK GIMP's memory usage is mostly controlled with
Edit>Preferences>Environment>Resource consumption>Tile cache size.
When
images require more memory Gimp moves the data to disk. Note that this
is virtual memory, if you set it to something much bigger than your
RAM
(or more accurately the available RAM once the system and other apps
are
taken in account) Gimp will just swap like a regular app, so it is
usually best to set it to something smaller than your RAM.

--
nateart (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)