[Gimp-user] batch remove layer

Hi,

I have some drawings (a couple of hundreds) that have a paspartout around them,
a white border. The paspartout is on a different layer, also called
'paspartout'.

Is there a way to remove the 'paspartout' layer in all the files at once in
batch mode? The files are psd files and the paspartout is always the last layer
added, so sometimes it is the 6th, sometimes the 13th.

Or, alternativaly, is it possible to rename the paspartout layer and assign it a
number? Because with imagemagick I know how to remove a layer, but not when it
has a name (-delete only works with numbers...)

--
matroosje (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)