Re: [Gimp-user] batch remove layer

On 22/02/17 16:04, matroosje wrote:
Hi,

I have some drawings (a couple of hundreds) that have a paspartout around them,
a white border. The paspartout is on a different layer, also called
'paspartout'.

Is there a way to remove the 'paspartout' layer in all the files at once in
batch mode? The files are psd files and the paspartout is always the last layer
added, so sometimes it is the 6th, sometimes the 13th.

Or, alternativaly, is it possible to rename the paspartout layer and assign it a
number? Because with imagemagick I know how to remove a layer, but not when it
has a name (-delete only works with numbers...)

See my ofn-remove-top-layer script here: <https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-tools/files/scripts/> and use it with the BIMP plugin to apply it to all images.

This said, the ImageMagick help says:

-delete {index}: delete the images specified by index, from the image sequence.Specify the image by its index in the sequence. The first image is index 0.