Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 8:57 AM
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Cc: notifications gimpusers com
Subject: [Gimp-user] Can't open extremely large .PNG

Many appologies, I gave bad info on the nip2 for windows download. Not
Nip2

You have to go back a couple of sub-versions to get a windows
installer.

http://www.vips.ecs.soton.ac.uk/supported/8.2/win32/nip2-8.2b-setup.zip

This in a Win10 Virtual machine (with limited resorces) just to see
how it installs.

Installs to a strange location but let it go there. You will find it
in the Win10 applications. See the screenshot

Thank you. Yes, the program works but if I load the png in it, it instantly
crashes with a typical Windows error that doesn't tell me anything. If I run the program again it asks me if I want to delete 319.50 MB of temp files from the
temp area. Clearly it is doing something.

--
Deixis (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)