[Gimp-user] Can't open extremely large .PNG

It might be worth having another go. As before I use mainly linux,
keep a Windows virtual machine to see the problems Win users
experience with Gimp.

This Win 10 VM is short on resources, 2 GB memory and not much free
disk space. Amazed that it works.

15 minutes to load the 1,225,877 KB png, 18 minutes to render a 10%
scaled png 32,561 KB

see the screenshot and check the bottom left corner. I started with
2.02 GB free and ended with 1.11

Personally, I do not think that ImageMagick will scale that down. I
get error messages here, but the place to ask is the IM forum where
they are very helpful.

http://www.imagemagick.org/discourse-server/ users section.

Ah, I misspoke. Sorry.

I still can't open it in Nip2. What I meant to say was that the Nip2 UI works
now, but crashes as soon as I try to open the png.

--
Deixis (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)