Re: [Gimp-user] Question about RGB to CMYK conversion and print work

On 11/18/2016 08:27 PM, Tom Williams wrote:
On 11/16/2016 12:44 AM, Simon Budig wrote:
Tom Williams (tomdkat comcast net) wrote:
I'm helping a friend of mine create a business card for a new business.
I created the card in GIMP and it looks great!  The plan is to order
cards through VistaPrint.   Anyway, according to the VistaPrint website,
they recommend uploading designs in a CMYK mode.   Since I created my
card in GIMP, it's in RGB mode.
I'd recommend to not fiddle with it now. Vistaprint will do their own
conversion, which is likely to be better than your conversion, since
they do know their own processes.

In fact I had lots of "fun" some time ago, where I absolutely sent them
a CMYK PDF file and they still fiddled with it, adding a little bit of
black to my vibrant yellow, resulting in quite dull colors...

Bye,
        Simon
Thanks to both you, Simon, and Rick Strong for your comments.  I opted
to "roll the bones" with the RGB PNG I created, using the VistaPrint
template, and the site seemed happy with the resolution of the image.
The previews on the site looked good so I'm keeping my fingers crossed
that the image prints well.

Thanks again!

Tom

Well, the business cards have been printed and they look
fan-flippin-tastic!!!!   They actually came out much, much better than I
expected and my friend *loves* them!   Thanks again for the help and
Thanks to the GIMP developers for producing such awesome software!  :)

Peace...

Tom

--
/When we dance, you have a way with me,