[Gimp-user] Where to put python file 2016

I have just loaded the latest version of gimp 2.8.1.  Nov 26 2016

I found a python script that I want to load (layer effects).  Windows
64 bit

I have downloaded the file and put it everywhere that all the posts I
find say to put it.  I check Preferences, folders..etc. Put them
there.

Nothing seems to work for the python file.  The Script-Fu version went
in with no problem.

I am obviously not finding what I need.  Most of the posts and videos
are old, so I am hoping that it is just not finding updated
information. Or I am missing a step, like registering something.

Maybe someone can put out an updated YouTube Video on installing a
Python Plugin.

First, it should be easy, and has not been.  Then at some point,  I
want to start writing a python script or two, so its sort of a
necessary step.

Thx

Python is incorporated in Gimp 2.8.x so there should be no problem. As well as
the old .scm there are 2 versions of layerfx.py one specifically for Gimp 2.8
see:

http://gimpscripts.com/2011/10/gimp-layer-effects/#wpfb-file-35

Up-to-date videos for Windows Users - installing Gimp - adding resources -
adding scripts/plugins - installing help see:

http://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Gimp-Installation?pid=202#pid202

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

--
rich2005 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)