Re: [Gimp-user] Driving me crazy!!!

whoa!

On Sun, Nov 27, 2016 at 2:14 PM, Rick Strong <rnstrong primus ca> wrote:
You are right. Changing the part you want changes the parts you DON'T want
to change. That's why we try to get the light right when the shot is being
taken. Some people even use the little flash on their camera to "fill in"
the shadows when photographing people outdoors in strong light.

Try playing around with the "Dodge and Burn" tool in GIMP. Dodge means to
hold back the light i.e make and area brighter. You would use this in the
shadow areas of the people. Burn means to increase the light or make an area
darker.

I have been looking for that tool for ages! Now I know what it's
called, I can find the documentation and figure out how to make it
work.

[...]

Thank you, ghart for starting the thread, and of course, Rick, for
chiming in at the right time.

This is why we sign up for these lists. Trying to help others, we get
helped in turn. Way cool.

--
Joel Rees

I'm imagining I'm a novelist: