[Gimp-user] Where to put python file 2016

I have just loaded the latest version of gimp 2.8.1.  Nov 26 2016

I found a python script that I want to load (layer effects).  Windows 64 bit

I have downloaded the file and put it everywhere that all the posts I find say
to put it.  I check Preferences, folders..etc. Put them there.

Nothing seems to work for the python file.  The Script-Fu version went in with
no problem.

I am obviously not finding what I need.  Most of the posts and videos are old,
so I am hoping that it is just not finding updated information. Or I am missing
a step, like registering something.

Maybe someone can put out an updated YouTube Video on installing a Python
Plugin.

First, it should be easy, and has not been.  Then at some point,  I want to
start writing a python script or two, so its sort of a necessary step.

Thx

--
DKCrotty (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)