[Gimp-user] Trying to remove fading from old b&w photo

It's likely to be due to silver salts migration that make the surface
of
the photo reflective in the dark areas. Very hard to remove with an
image editor. The best cure to it to take a picture of the original
photo with a side lighting that isn't reflected back in the camera
lens

Many thanks for that, I have actually managed to improve it quite a bit with
image editing, even though it took a while. I'll definitely store your
suggestion away for future reference.

--
Denzo (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)