Re: [Gimp-user] Trying to remove fading from old b&w photo

On 18/11/16 16:58, Denzo wrote:
Can anyone point me to a good tutorial? I want to remove fading (or maybe it's
glare from an old flash?) in one area of an old black and white family photo. I
have checked YouTube for tutorials.  Many thanks.

It's likely to be due to silver salts migration that make the surface of the photo reflective in the dark areas. Very hard to remove with an image editor. The best cure to it to take a picture of the original photo with a side lighting that isn't reflected back in the camera lens.