Re: [Gimp-user] Next gotcha

Gene Heskett <gheskett <at> shentel.net> writes:

I am stuck with a distribution that can run LinuxCNC,

I wondered, why wheezy as well, since it is oldstable & final security
update was a month or so ago. I suppose that is a good reason.

You could chance downloading a more recent deb

https://packages.debian.org/sid/gimp-help-en  about 27 MB

Which gives gimp-help 2.8.2 ie. the second release of 2.8 help, also most
recent.

and in a terminal forcing an install

dpkg --force-all -i gimp-help-en_2.8.2-0.1_all.deb

might/might not work

A safer way is not a package, Gimp help in a PDF. Searchable and with an

http://gimp.linux.it/www/meta/gimp-en.pdf 30 MB