Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

To: gimp-user-list gnome org
From: Ralf Kestler gmx net
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 11:29:29 +0100
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

Go to Edit > Preferences > Environment > Saving Images and untip
"Confirm closing of unsaved images"

Nope, that option was officially removed some versions ago (checked against 2.8.14), probably for reasons
that are easy to guess.

I know the idea I'm describing appears similar to that old option but it would only apply to open images that
are (1) not saved or otherwise associated with an XCF file, (2) recently exported, and (3) no changes since
said export.  The first part is the critical distinction -- in the XCF-based workflow you always want the
dirty status evaluated relative to the XCF file; wereas if it's just a quick session of trivial edits and
export, that's the scenario where the unsaved prompt is not necessarily valuable.