[Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

Everyone just rebuild gimp with my patch
http://svn.yourcmc.ru/viewvc.py/vitalif/trunk/scripts/patch-gimp-unite-save_export.diff?view=co
and be happy

The first part -- prompting you for the export settings -- is actually
expected to happen the first export per image session.  Depending on
which filetype you're outputting to, some settings could make or break
compatibility with specific apps (e.g. I seem to recall one of the BMP
export options doing precisely this, if it was set wrong then Win32
APIs refused to read the file) .  At least some export types (e.g.
JPG) allow you to save and load export settings....

As for the second part, confirm closing of exported-not-saved images,
personally I would prefer this to be a preferences option but I've
never seen any support for the idea expressed by GIMP devs.  (Though I
haven't   exactly been tracking it, either.)  However, didn't somebody
make a plug-in that calls the Export command then resets the image's
dirty flag?  It does not replace the existing Export command but it
would save you the extra prompt when closing the window.

On a tangent (feel free to split this), I typically run GIMP in
single-window mode and I would really like an option that if more than
one image is open in SWM, closing the window will ALWAYS prompt if you
want to do this, regardless of whether those images are saved.
(Analogous to Firefox prompting if you want to close a window that has
multiple open tabs on it.)

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com

vitalif (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)