Re: [Gimp-user] Bug in "arrow" plugin, possible bug with tear-off menus

On 12/19/2016 03:01 AM, programmer_ceds wrote:
I have made a number of changes to this script over the years, the most recent,
in 2014, being to allow curved arrows. I added an entry to the registry with a
note to say that I couldn't upload the script but posted a link to it instead.
There were a number of other changes that I had made to the script before that
but I'm not sure whether or not they address the brush issue that you have.
perhaps you could try my version of the script. If necessary we could amalgamate
the changes to get a script that corrects a number of issues with the original
script, draws curved arrows and solves your problem.

I don't know of a site that hosts GIMP scripts whilst the registry is
unavailable but I am happy to replace the zip file on my site with an updated
one for the time being.

The latest version of the script:

http://www.programmer97.talktalk.net/Files/arrow.zip

The GIMP registry page for the version of the script that includes curved
arrows:

http://registry.gimp.org/node/28566

Thanks, programmer_ceds. Yes, I saw your page on the registry but didn't follow the link to the actual script. My bad.

(BTW, I got your post to the list hours after my previous replies. This had been happening for the last year or two I was on the list -- I'd get posts out of order, and delayed up to a day or more. Maybe it's related to why the mailman server was getting bounces from me and kicked me off the list.)

I just now tried your script and it works. Looking at the code, you did change gimp-brush-set-radius to gimp-context-set-brush-size (which is the only thing I did), plus of course much more to support curves. Nice work, all of it.

I think I saw one small problem in that if the path has more than two points and "double headed arrows" is turned on the script uses the path's first and second points instead of first and last like the popup warning says (nice touch having the popup). And if you're in the mood for coding I'd suggest adding another toggle to change between absolute and relative values instead of using negative numbers for relative as per the original script. But it's not that important.

If the registry ever gets working again I think yours should replace the original because it's a complete superset of the that one's functionality. Thanks again for your work.

--
MARK
markrubn yahoo com