Re: [Gimp-user] Bug in "arrow" plugin, possible bug with tear-off menus

On 12/19/2016 08:14 AM, Steve Kinney wrote:
To duplicate this behavior, use the tear off menu function on Linux.
That's it:  As far as I know, it's the same with all distros and window
managers:  I have seen it on Ubuntu and Mint (both Debian based) and
under Gnome, Cinnamon and XFCE4.  I think it's a GTK+ thing but don't
quote me on that.

Work-around:  Left click the menu item on the torn-off menu to select
it, then press the space bar on your keyboard to "make it work."
Thanks for the work-around! That makes it clumsily, marginally better than going through two-level pulldowns, usable.

So this is a longstanding bug? I vaguely remember doing it sans-workaround "way back when" == unknown version. It was an important part of my workflow. Getting more convinced that nobody uses this part of the UI anymore. I wonder if it's worth filing on Bugzilla or if it'll be a "will not fix", especially if it falls in the cracks between GIMP and gtk (can't even find GTK+ or generic "gtk" in the Bugzilla product list, just specific sub-projects).

Thanks again for the quick and helpful reply. The gimp-user-list: Still coming through with mission-critical information after all these years!