[Gimp-user] Create new Layer - Modifiers

I constantly use the Shift modifier to "create a new layer with last
used values", but I'd love the ability to extend this with the CTRL
modifier to place the new layer *under* the current layer. I realize
it's a small thing to drag the layer after it's placed to wherever you
want it, but I'm always looking for ways to streamline with shortcuts
wherever possible.

On that same note, would it be possible to use other combos to place the
type of layer you want directly?

Shift + B (Click New Layer)  =  New Layer with Background Color

Ctrl + Shift + B (Click New Layer)  = New Layer with Background Color
Under current layer

Shift + T (Click New Layer)  =  New Transparent Layer

Ctrl + Shift + T (Click New Layer)  =  New Transparent Layer Under
current layer
etc...

I realize that some of those combos are already used (minus the
clicking), but if the action was available, it could be customized to
the user preference.

Cheers

--

  akovia