Re: [Gimp-user] Idea/Request: Fast start mode for GIMP

On 12/18/2015 02:40 PM, Simon Budig wrote:
Actually querying is usually not happening (except on the first startup,
then querying the plugins really is a drag).

However, there have been reports, that under some circumstances all
plugins get re-queried, AFAIK it is not clear what might cause this.

On my old (ten-year-old) computer modifying the source code to not compile the plug-ins made a big difference in compile time, and also in start-up time. FWIW I'm pretty sure startup time with fewer plugins was always quicker, even when I hadn't just finished rebuilding GIMP.

Elle