Re: [Gimp-user] Idea/Request: Fast start mode for GIMP

On 12/17/2015 03:13 PM, Kasim Ahmic wrote:

What version of GIMP are you using? I know from experience that a certain older version of GIMP did that
every time it loaded however it was patched in later versions. If you have an older version, try the latest
(2.8.16) and see if that fixes it.

Presently using GIMIP 2.8.10 on Linux Mint.  The slow startup due to
rescan of all plugins & etc. is a feature, not a bug; I have
observed it across all the versions on all platforms I have used.
The more optional components you have, the longer it takes the GIMP
to start.  I do have a lot of brushes and more than the usual number
of scripts and plugins...

:o)