time and frustration. You might have to walk back to the toolshed occasionally, when inspiration strikes, but
it was probably time to take a break, anyway. ;^}

Ross

On Dec 18, 2015, at 6:20 AM, Michael Schumacher wrote:

Gesendet: Freitag, 18. Dezember 2015 um 06:53 Uhr

I just clocked the opening GIMP at 43 seconds flat, on an AMD 64
dual core system with 1.5 GB of RAM and Linux 17.  This is typical
of my experience on other platforms with other versions of the GIMP,
going back at least to GIMP 2.6 on a very adequate office
workstation running Windows XP.

Here's the reason:

172 brushes
112 script-fu scripts
92 fonts
1 python plugin

You write "reason". Got any profiling data that supports this and pinpoints the exact reason for the delay?

I'm asking because I couldn't claim this myself without that kind of research, but you might have done it
already - you've probably checked whether startup is faster with less scripts, plug-ins and such, and
slower with more, ...

--
Regards,
Michael