Re: [Gimp-user] Cannot Install GIMP

Thank you, I'll try it and let you know how it turns out.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 17, 2015, at 6:23 PM, Partha Bagchi <partha1b gmail com> wrote:

Peter,

Go to my website (www.partha.com), download the zipfile and unzip. Run
McGimp. If you have issues, let me know.

Thanks,
Partha

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 1:59 PM, Peter Giardina <pjgiardina hargray com> wrote:
I wasn't bragging when I mentioned how long I had been using Macs. Even
though I have been using Macs for a long time, I am unfamiliar with
Terminal. I tried to follow your instructions with no result. But I finally
did get some result. Here is what I received:

  Last login: Mon Aug 17 13:52:22 on ttys001
  Macintosh:~ dorisgiardina$ /Applications/Gimp.app/Contents/MacOS/Gimp
  Setting up environment...
  Enabling internal Python...
  Launching GIMP...
  Cannot spawn a message bus without a machine-id: Unable to load
  /var/lib/dbus/machine-id or /etc/machine-id: Failed to open file
  '/var/lib/dbus/machine-id': No such file or directory
  Aug 17 13:53:29 Macintosh.local Gimp-bin[2445] <Error>: The function
  ‘CGFontGetGlyphPath’ is obsolete and will be removed in an upcoming
  update. Unfortunately, this application, or a library it uses, is
  using this obsolete function, and is thereby contributing to an
  overall degradation of system performance.
  Aug 17 13:53:29 Macintosh.local Gimp-bin[2445] <Error>: The function
  ‘CGFontGetGlyphPaths’ is obsolete and will be removed in an upcoming
  update. Unfortunately, this application, or a library it uses, is
  using this obsolete function, and is thereby contributing to an
  overall degradation of system performance.

Hope this is what you are looking for.