Re: [Gimp-user] Cannot Install GIMP

I understand that you want to pick one install, but let me explain what is happening.

I first tried to use the install by Simone Karin Lehmann at lisanet.de <http://lisanet.de>, because of the add-ons. However, when I click on 'download' it goes to SourceForge. I have read what was written about SourceForge on your site so that doesn't seem like a good option.

When I click on _Download GIMP 2.8 from gimp.org_ for the torrent install, I receive the following file: _http://download.gimp.org/pub/gimp/v2.8/osx/gimp-2.8.14.dmg.torrent_ (7 KB). When I try to open this link I get this message: Safari can’t open the file “gimp-2.8.14.dmg-4.torrent” because no available application can open it.

So then I am left with clicking on: "If the torrent download doesn't work, you can also follow _this link_." Clicking on 'this link' does download the following file: gimp-2.8.14.dmg. I then open this file and it produces a file called, GIMP.app. I then drag that file into the Applications folder, and double click the icon to open the app. Instead of the app being opened, nothing happens.

So, where do we go from here?