[Gimp-user] Cannot Install GIMP

I previously had GIMP installed on my Mac (OS X Yosemite, version 10.10.4) and it was running perfectly. However, due to a set of circumstances with the Mac (I don't believe they were related to GIMP) the program began running poorly, if at all. I then uninstalled GIMP and attempted to reinstall it. However, I have not been able to do so. Also, since uninstalling GIMP, the problem with the computer has been fixed. I have tried both installers recommended on the 'downloads' page of your site.

Please help with how I can successfully install GIMP. I like this program a lot, and would like to be able to continue using it.

Thanks for your help,

Peter Giardina