[Gimp-user] How to swap image colors

In your sample image, I don't see a "logo to the left".  Do you see it
when you look at your PNG ?

I don't know why there is an outline in the word.  That's not right at
all unless that's what the font you used looks like (with an outline
in it).

When you create the word, be sure your background is the color you
want
(I forget whether you want colored letters on white background or the
opposite).  And be sure you using the opposite color when creating the
word.  There is no "messing around" beyond that -- in regard to the
word.  It should be created at the size you want and then not messed
with (which means that to create other sizes, you should retain access
to your original source of the font).  For best quality text, don't
later enlarge or shrink, re-create at the needed size (this is where a
properly constructed scalable font in a vector-based program is most
helpful).

Jay

Thanks Jay and everyone else, I forgot to add the logo that's to the left in the
image before posting. It is weird regarding the outline, I've seen our logo on
our main website with a gray background and there is no outline around the
letters. This seems to be turning into more work than I thought it would have
been. I'll see if there is anyway I can get ahead of the original.

--
CoolB (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)