[Gimp-user] How to swap image colors

It depends on whether the words are dithered or not.  If there are
sharp edges
and the image really only has two colors, try the following:

Click on the eyedropper (or O (O not 0), then click on the words to
make the
color of the words the foreground color.

Click on the color tool (or <shift>O), then click on the words to
select all
of the color in the words.  Don't use the magic wand, as it only
selects colors
which are contiguous.

Invert the selection (Select/Invert or <ctrl>I).

Click on the Bucket Fill tool (or <shift>B).
Look in the tool options to make sure the fill type is "FG color
fill".

Click on the background area to turn it the color of the letters.
The whole image should now be the same color.

Invert the selection again.

Click in the tool options to change the fill type to "BG color fill".
Click on the words to turn them the background color.

If the words are dithered it's more difficult as you need to change
all the
"in-between" colors to an appropriate "in-between" color.

If you need that let us know and we can go into more detail for that.

Thanks for your reply. I'm not really sure how to tell whether the words are
really dithered or not. There are no sharp edges around them or the logo though
that I'm trying to swap the colors on.

Attached is what I'm working on.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/161/original/Image.png