Re: [Gimp-user] How to swap image colors

On 10/23/2014 02:57 PM, CoolB wrote:
The font used is 'Palatino Linotype Bold'.

Chris

http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/results?ch%5B0%5D=S&ch%5B1%5D=y&ch%5B2%5D=s&ch%5B3%5D=t&ch%5B4%5D=e&ch%5B5%5D=m&wtfserver=wtf_b_41&id=000a3b05541d8b6d000d097600003046&glyphcount=6&imageid=0&x=66&y=37

Thanks for finding out what font it is. I used the steps mentioned and that
worked for the words, but there is a logo to the left that it didn't work for.
Also now the word looks crappy, due to an outline.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/162/original/Image2.png

In your sample image, I don't see a "logo to the left". Do you see it when you look at your PNG ?

I don't know why there is an outline in the word. That's not right at all unless that's what the font you used looks like (with an outline in it).

When you create the word, be sure your background is the color you want (I forget whether you want colored letters on white background or the opposite). And be sure you using the opposite color when creating the word. There is no "messing around" beyond that -- in regard to the word. It should be created at the size you want and then not messed with (which means that to create other sizes, you should retain access to your original source of the font). For best quality text, don't later enlarge or shrink, re-create at the needed size (this is where a properly constructed scalable font in a vector-based program is most helpful).

Jay