Re: [Gimp-user] Time to fork BABL and GEGL

On 11/09/2014 02:56 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
09 нояб. 2014 г. 6:28 пользователь "billn" <forums gimpusers com> написал:

Time to fork off BABL and GEGL. Forking was good for Openoffice.
LIbreoffice is
kicking tail. Developers who want to turn out a good product in a timely
manner
and other programmers who want to wait 3-5 years for small improvements.
LOL

I'm not sure if it was meant as sarcasm or if it was serious. However, if
you are not personally prepared to maintain a develop fork, you might
reconsider publicly suggesting something that makes sense so little that
you'd need a microscope to  expertly deal with it.

The topic of forking the libraries was born out of miscommunication. Could
we please finally bury this?

I agree with Alexandre. If I really do understand what Jon Nordby is saying (see https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list/2014-November/msg00018.html and https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list/2014-November/msg00023.html), and if the other babl/GEGL/GIMP developers really are in agreement with Jon Nordby (the babl roadmap leaves room for differing interpretations), then there is no reason whatsoever for further discussion of forking babl and GEGL to benefit GIMP.