[Gimp-user] Time to fork BABL and GEGL

BABL has been on the drawing board since 2008? 6 years and still not a no go for
a stable Gimp 2.10 release. Changing Gimp license may be faster than waiting
another 3-5 years for a stable BABL so Gimp can use better open source tools..

I agree with Alexandre. If I really do understand what Jon Nordby is
saying (see
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list/2014-November/msg00018.html
and
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list/2014-November/msg00023.html),
and if the other babl/GEGL/GIMP developers really are in agreement
with
Jon Nordby (the babl roadmap leaves room for differing
interpretations),
then there is no reason whatsoever for further discussion of forking
babl and GEGL to benefit GIMP.

--
billn (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)