Re: [Gimp-user] (no subject)

On Sat, 8 Nov 2014 22:59:01 +0000 <alan_cook9 yahoo co uk> wrote:

When I select a photo to edit i.e remove the background I use the free select tool I pick out the parts of
the photo that are required, then I hit the delete key on the computer what happens next is that it removes
the photo and leaves the background.

You need to select the parts that you want to remove, not the parts you want to keep.

You can select that parts you want to keep, if it's easier, and then use "Invert selection" from the
Selection menu to switch it round.

Liam