Re: [Gimp-user] gimp users matter

Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 22:41:29 -0500
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] gimp users matter
From: etters h gmail com
To: strata_ranger hotmail com
CC: liam holoweb net; gimp-user-list gnome org

5 - You are done!  There is no need to re-open the PNG file.

Well, this may or may not be true.   When, six months or a year later I want to look at a .png
(check the resolution, see whether it needs to be sharpened/signed/whatever) then I do,
sometimes want to look at (and maybe adjust in some way) a  png image.

Comments
 by Alex and others do point out that opening the exported file (into a new window/tab) just to verify what
it actually looks like is indeed a useful step.  And come to think of it, I know I've done that from time to
time with my JPG's....

And the comments I get about not really having an image that I think I have (several people
say variations of that) is completely over my head.  And wonder whether it has a practical
significance or just a semantic one.

I'd call it semantics.  A matter of principle that the end user may not even care about.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com