Re: [Gimp-user] gimp users matter

Helen said,

5 - You are done!  There is no need to re-open the PNG file.

Well, this may or may not be true.   When, six months or a year later I
want to look at a .png (check the resolution, see whether it
needs to be sharpened/signed/whatever) then I do, sometimes want to look at
(and maybe adjust in some way) a  png image.   I've
been spoiled with the ability to do that in 2.6 (open -- see that it's what
I want--close) but I'm just going to have to get used to another
way.

Sorry, I don't follow... Why can't you simply open a .png file in GIMP
2.8 that was created earlier (and then close it, without any prompts, if
you've made no changes)?

--
Bob Long