Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP Training Course

i have been a total beginger in gimp during many months
because i could not achieve anything (that is : nothing).
The obstacle was for very basic actions : how to handle selections.
That seems at first (and at second, and third too) extremely esoteric.

As a consequence i think a basic tutorial should intensely explain
what are the floating selections and why there are there and how to
use them basicaly (leaving the 'how to use them efficiently'
for a more advanced tutorial).

JL